Front of the House Manager
Baker Street Market is a gourmet grocery and homewares shop that brings European romance to small town living, offering freshly prepared foods, fine groceries and a warm, welcoming place to gather. We carefully source and curate the shop with local and imported goods, making Baker Street Market a destination in the pursuit of daily pleasures.
We are currently looking for a front of the house manager to join our team. We are looking for a hard working and friendly individual who is obsessed with good food. An eye for detail and a shared love for the shop aesthetic and the ability to maintain that aesthetic are essential. Our ideal candidate will be able to convey their love for good food and connect with people, as well as have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn.
If these things speak to you then please get in touch. Tell us about yourself, your background, your favorite food or restaurant, and what you can bring to the role.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of food and beverage
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to oversee a small team
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including standing for extended periods of time and lifting and unpacking heavy boxes
- Strong visual merchandising skills are essential
- Oversee all aspects of daily store operations including store sales, profitability, inventory control
- Oversee front of the house staff, ensuring they are adhering to all best practices for the shop
- Use a creative eye to ensure product merchandising is fresh and in line with shop aesthetic
- Ensure all products are properly displayed, stored, rotated and organized
- Place orders of new product and supplies/packaging in a timely manner while staying within the approved budget provided by owners
- Ensure the front of the house is properly opened and closed each day and remains clean throughout the day
- Maintain the shop’s social media accounts in line with shop aesthetic and language
- Troubleshoot issues that arise including with POS, refrigeration, utilities
- Work with the back of the house manager and owners to hire and train new staff
- Undergo ServSafe training and certification and enforce food safety standards
- Seamlessly transition to the back of house as needed
- Stay abreast of the current food scene, bringing new food, product, and promotion ideas to the owners and implementing those ideas if approved
- Attend weekly manager meetings with the owners and other managers
- Additional responsibilities may include payroll, bill pay and other tasks as needed
This is a full time position, requiring a minimum of 40 hours a week and includes 10 paid personal days, provided coverage can be found. Salary is commensurate with experience.